Thursday 8 May 2008

DNS and Plesk

Ok ok, so I was missing the glaringly obvious step.  

When you register the domain name, the domain name registrar has a box that looks a bit like this :

domain name server   ns1. [   your domain here here ]    =  ip [ your ip here ]

so I simply add in the ip of my server, and select ns1.  ns2 etc.   Then the domain nows where to find info about this subdomain.   

Why was this so confusing.... BECAUSE my frackin domain name registrar does not let you do this and every time I emailed them on what I was trying to do  they made some nonsense up, until I finally figured out exactly what it was I wanted. Then they stopped replying to the emails because I had worked it out.   UK2 stuff you.     

I went to namecheap.com and got a cheap domain name from them and used that instead.  

Bu Bye UK2 , I had no idea you were overcharging so badly

No comments: