Saturday 15 September 2007

I Trawl the Megahz

Having had a break for a long time, I pulled out my favourite album Steve McQueen, then I cant remember how but I ended up looking up to see what the Sprouts were doing. I think maybe itunes store opened by itself and I was curious to know what the new mastered version of the album was like.
I was saddened to read that Paddy McAloon had suffered a serious sight illness which resonated with myself and off I went on a google journey.

It seems I had missed about 3 albums, Andromeda Heights, plus a newer one and then the Paddy solo album.

I've bought the new version of Steve McQueen but I'm not interested in the remastered main side. The acoustic versions are great though.

Andromeda Heights, hmmm, this just seems whimsy but I might grow to like it. but I think this is what made me grow cold on the band.. not enough of the early northern edge.

I trawl the Megahz, I didnt really get this too well either but I think after a few long listens it might be a grower.


Steve McQueen remains one of my most loved albums of all time, it seems to be timeless.


I'm quite pleased to listen to Protest songs again, but its more of an addendum that it always felt like.


So one more album to try. I'm not holding out massive hope but who knows

No comments: